A new clock at Dog Lane Mills

From 1911

A new clock has been fixed on the mill premises of Messrs B. Taylor & Sons, woollen manufacturers, Dog Lane Mills, Stainland. It has four dials and the hours are struck on a bell. It has been supplied by Messrs William Potts & Sons, Leeds. It was wound up by Miss Annie Taylor, younger daughter of Mr Isaac Taylor, junior partner in the firm, and Mr S. Taylor, the senior partner, started it. The clock is a beautiful and ornate specimen, and looks well in the ornamental tower. It will be a useful boon to the many pedestrians who frequent the lovely Blackburn dale.

Advertisements